Oh 2017, here you are with all your hope and possibility for conquering the things you did not get to do in 2016! If your friends could describe you with one word would it be “procrastinator”? If so, do not wait and stop denying yourself the joy of a beautiful home. If these comments speak to you, keep reading.
Ring in the new year with the four R’s, refresh, revitalize and make a resolution to remodel your nest in 2017. Before you know it, spring will be in the air and you will be preparing a dinner for friends and showing off your new remodeled home. Any remodeling project can seem overwhelming especially for the procrastinator. If you have the time and inclination get your DIY on, if not, outsource your remodel project to a professional designer to ensure the success of your resolution for the new year.
A few tips you should know for successful remodeling:
- Keep it Simple- If you are on a budget start the remodel process slowly, choose two rooms to focus on for this year.
- Set a Budget- Be budget savvy and get an idea of what your dreams will cost. A projected budget is easier to maintain and can be utilized as a guideline to achieve your goals with less stress and worry. If your dreams and budget are not aligned, scale down your dream-more than likely you’ll still end up satisfied and solvent.
- Hire Experienced Help- Select a designer who can demonstrate they understand YOUR needs and present you with good recommendations. Check sites like HOUZZ, or Angie’s List to view customer references and peer reviews not provided by the professional and trust your gut. The relationship between designer and client must be open, honest, and collaborative for best results.
- Insist on a Detailed Contract- At project onset develop a clear concise contract addressing the location, start and completion date, with detail of what work is going to be done and what it will cost. Do not jump into a design project with an ambiguous contract and don’t be put off by a professional that presents a detailed agreement.
- Communicate Effectively-Share with your designer your list of projects as well as your vision, and goals. The design process is mutual and you must lead with decisions and allow your designer to present creative concepts for your consideration.
- You’re the Boss- Be a good boss! Treat professionals with respect, be easy to get along with during your remodel, be honest and have an appreciation for the work being done for you.
Prove your friends wrong, stop procrastinating, meet your resolutions and begin your new year, new nest, remodel project for 2017 now. Don’t let this year’s goal carry over into 2018. Let’s get started! The Elegant Concept Interiors Team is here to help get the job done.
To schedule a consultation with a designer email Renee@elegantconceptinteriors.com and start the new year taking those steps to a new nest!