Fall in Love with your Space. I especially love when my friends and family come to my house for a visit and they stop and talk about the new piece of art on my wall. If you are the provocative type, exhibit a controversial piece of art which reflects your style; open your mind to different mediums. Express your individuality and be original. Dare to be eccentric when accessorizing your home. Here are five small changes that will help you fall in love with your space.
- Pick a New Pillow. Pillows are the simplest way to refresh your space. Pillows can become stale in the room after a period. I say, out with the old and in with the new! The good news is that pillows don’t cost a ton of money and can really change the look of your home. They can feature a colorful focal point for a small room or help tie in other elements. Don’t be afraid to play with pattern, choose a coordinating color, and then experiment with varying patterns within that color palette. Fall in love with your house again; brighten the room up with new color combinations throughout.
- Roll out that New Rug. Placing a new rug in your home may seem like a small change, however, it makes a huge difference in the look and feel of your room. When you don’t have time to make massive renovations in your home update the area rugs to revitalize the room. If you are apprehensive about your decorating instincts play it safe with your color selection. If you’re confident with your fashion sense use fun patterns such as geometric or perhaps choose a rug shaped in a triangle or circle, whatever strikes your fancy. In my house, I have wood floors and to accent my gray colored sofa and loveseat I incorporated a bold white and light gray chevron rug for the family room. People always complement the rug when they come into the room. Most of all, I love the fun look and comfy feeling I get when I walk into the room.
- Try some New Paint! is a perfect way to make a subtle change in the house. Updating paint colors does not have to be drastic. I really love the Benjamin Moore 2017 color trends palette. They offer colors like Wish, Porcelain, and Iceberg and they are really trendy you can view them at www.benjaminmorre.com. If you like to play with bright bold color, check out the Pantone color of the year Greenery at www.pantone.com. Freshen up the house with new paint color inside and out!
- Search out some bold New Accessories to show your individuality. Do you have a whimsical personality? If so, indulge, whimsy it up with vintage and charming pieces that make you smile and feel good all over. Perhaps your style is mid-century modern, nautical or even Bohemian chic. Whatever it is capture your carefree or wild side by accessorizing your décor uniquely.
- Have Fun and Incorporate a new Conversation Piece. They are a great way to draw people in. Does your space suffer from lack of je ne sais quoi? Use Rare textures like cork or reclaimed wood, or dramatic eye catching metallic like rose gold, antique brass, or a bold textured wallpaper to lure your guests eyes to the featured area. Maybe its interesting furnishings like an antique bench or a funky shaped mid-century console that helps bring people in the room to create interesting colloquy. Find a conversation piece that works in your room.
Fall in love with your space! Lack interior design inspiration? I can help you come up with a design theme that matches your personality and help you create the space you will fall in love with. Schedule your private design consult with Elegant Concept Interiors. Email Renee@elegantconceptinteriors.com today!