I have learned over the years as a residential designer that there is a whole world of organizing products out there. From Target to The Container Store, the options really are endless, but have you ever wondered which products are really worth buying? When I wonder, I call my resident organizational guru, Marissa Hagmeyer from NEAT Method (www.neatmethod.com).
NEAT Method is a luxury residential organizing company who works magic in even the most cluttered spaces. Marissa is going to give us the inside scoop on what the experts are using to make homes NEAT!
A Guest Blog by Marissa Hagmeyer from NEAT Method
Hi Elegantly Inspired Home Readers !
I am so excited to be guest blogging today, thanks for having me Renee!
I couldn’t agree more that there is an overwhelming amount of options these days, but the good news is there really are only a handful of products that stand out as MUST HAVES in the eyes of Professional Organizers. If you only purchased 5 products in 2017 these would be my recommendations for a lifetime of living NEAT!
Drum roll please!!
- Black Felt Slimline Hangers. These are a total closet game changer. They help maximize space, keep your clothes nice and create a streamlined look. We typically purchase ours from Costco because they are only $9.99 for 35 – yes, you heard that right! Pro Tip : Make sure you count all of your hanging clothes, including items that might be in the laundry or at the dry cleaner, before you shop.
- Pantry Riser. This (link to http://rstyle.me/n/cd8cqivirw) little gem can be found in nearly every NEAT Kitchen. It proudly displays the items that are most likely to get lost in your pantry/cabinets. Keeping them on a riser makes sure you don’t overbuy or forget to use something before it expires. Hello cost savings!
- Kitchen Drawer Organizers (link to http://rstyle.me/n/cd8cqivirw). I highly recommend bamboo organizers become a part or your kitchen drawers and not just for your everyday utensils. Your gadget, and an even junk, drawer deserve the love too!
- Bathroom Drawer Organizers are another MUST HAVE, mostly for sanitary reasons but also so that you can see everything you have. We recommend a plastic to (linkhttp://rstyle.me/n/cd8dkvvirw) /acrylic (link to http://rstyle.me/n/cd8drzvirw) so that when a little toothpaste leaks or an eye shadow shatters your drawers are covered.
- While we love A Good Basket it is no secret that not all are created equal. Here are my top 3 favorites baskets because of their durability, multi-use capability and quite frankly their look.
Well there you have it – the 5 most valuable players in the organizing product industry. I hope that takes the guess work out of your next organizing project and that you enjoy living the NEAT life!
Photos by: Marisa Belle Photography